Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Yes, I'm a Redheaded Diva

The Art of Being a Redhead- Thoughts and facts about being a red head.

Being a redhead is a fascinating experience. As a child, you have to get used to all of the points, stares, and comments. People take on over its beautiful color everywhere you go. Old women say things like, “That CAN’T be natural!!” and “You are going to get all of the boys when you get older !!!” Once you go to school, the kids make fun of you. They say things like, “I’d rather be dead than red on the head.” If you have the double whammy of being a red-head AND having freckles, then you really will be tortured. By the time you become a teenager, it can work to your advantage. I found that not only did my looks appeal to a wide range of guys, but there was a special group of men who are fanatical about redheads. They chase after you like a pot of gold. They think that you are a special prize. Of course then you get those innuendo questions like, “Are you a NATURAL redhead? You know there’s one way to tell.” Wink, wink, nudge nudge ;-). “

My husband happens to be a lover of redheads. When I met him, I had long flowing hair. I also had a killer figure. My big ta-tas and gorgeous red hair hooked him on and reeled him in faster than you can imagine but I have a sneeking suspicion that it’s the red-headed attitude that really kept him going. Yes, I have an attitude. I am a typical, temperamental, redhead. We have a three-year-old red headed daughter who will be giving me a run for my money.

I’ve always wondered if the stereotype about red-heads being feisty was true. So I set out Googling to find out. Unfortunately, I didn’t find much on redheads and personality studies, but I did find some interesting facts (see part II.)

Link to Yes, I'm a Redheaded Diva Part II

No comments: