Sunday, December 18, 2005

Kelly Clarkson's Breakaway Is Awesome



I’m kind of embarrassed to say that I bought the new Kelly Clarkson cd-“Breakaway.” But, frankly, it’s pretty dang good.

I’m not much into pop music, and I definitely DON’T watch American Idol. So, when I kept hearing these uber catchy tunes by American Idol Winner Kelly Clarkson, I was very resistant to admitting that I liked them. One right after another, though, the good songs kept on coming. I finally thought that she may actually be talented, and her popularity wasn’t a fluke. I even decided to buy her new album, Breakaway. I had to go to four different stores to find it. And even then, I picked up the very last one at Super Target. I unwrapped it and put it in the CD player as soon as I got into the car. I was instantly hooked.

Every song is good, and sounds like it could be a radio hit (not that the radio is that fabulous.) I especially like the almost-edgy “Since You been Gone” and the passionate and sad “Addicted.” I actually feel emotion when I hear these songs, which is rare for me when listening to pop music. “Because of You” is another favorite of mine. It almost makes my sappy ass cry. Honestly, the only song I’m not crazy about is the title track “Breakaway.” I find it a bit bland, but it’s still is listen-able.

Pretty much everyone who bought the album on Amazon loved it. When I went to Amazon I was very surprised that people who bought Kelly Clarkson also bought albums from groups like Green Day and Maroon 5. I figured she had the same audience as Celine Dion or something. It turns out, her music isn’t dorky at all. This girl has some real talent and makes great music.

No comments: