Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Ode to My Crack- Dr. Pepper


Well, it's not really an ode, and no, I'm not talking about my butt crack here. I mean that my drug of choice is Dr. Pepper. It's my personal heaven on earth. I'm on about my 5th cup today. DH Aaron and I are both addicted and have been for years. No cola for us. Nope, Dr. Pepper is for individualists. It was born and bred in Texas, the home of individualism. It's taste is sweet and crisp with a sharp bite. It provides a nice caffine rush too. For those of you who haven't been annointed by Dr. Pepper's heavenly juices, Mr. Pibb by Coca Cola is the closest thing out there. Mr. Pibb is fine, but it isn't Dr. Pepper. Speaking of Mr. Pibb, there is a link below to a great site that reviews Dr. Pepper imitators.

http://members.tripod.com/skintigh/drpepper/index.html

If you want a really fabulous Dr. Pepper (and if you're a true fan) you'll drive down to Dublin, Texas (Where the first DP plant is located) and get an Imperial pure cane sugar Dr. Pepper. There's nothing else like it on earth. If your lucky, you'll run into a six pack of it on occasion outside of Dublin. I got some in Kilgore, Texas at Brookshires and in Dallas at Central Market. But, the drive to Dublin is worth it just to see the little plant and the Dr. Pepper museum.Dublin is located northwest of Waco. Just don't order an old fashioned soda fountain Dr. Pepper. It's kitchy how they squirt the base syrup into the glass, but it tastes like crap. For real.

No comments: