Monday, April 10, 2006

Eugenics is Alive and Well

I just wanted to report that the eugenics movement is alive and well in the good old USofA on a women's web board calld IDOB.org the address is www.idob.org You have to join to look, but in a nut shells, there is more than one person who thinks that someone who commits a crime against a child should be sterelized, or that someone who isn't "wired right" should be killed.

Specifically, I am talking about Dena Schlosser, the woman from Texas who killed her infant child and severed her arms. She was later found to have a brain tumor and found not guilty by reason of insanity. Yet there were several comments that pointed to a return to World War II Eugenics type thinking:

"I want to take that women out and cut her arms off...."

"I will help you!"

"I think she should be sterilized and never be allowed to have more children."

"People like that are wired wrong and should be killed."

"I think that sterilization is a good idea."

"I think they should have their heads blown off..."

"I say cut out their reproductive organs with a dull rusty knife, tie their tubes, burn em, jump up and down on their uterus and do whatever the hell it takes to make it to where they could no longer bare children."

--------

I am so thankful that we have a court system that protects people who have brain tumors and severe, uncontrollable chemical imbalances from being lynched by people who don't know all of the facts. A jury found her not guilty. That's 12 people who heard and know a lot more than any of us do. God bless the court system. God bless rational thinking.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As a fellow mother you and I both know that someone HAS to be insane in order to mame, harm or otherwise kill their children. Where is our compassion?

Sisterfunkhaus said...

I know that she is insane, and I do think that even insane people need to have repercussions. But first and formost, they need treatment/medication, and as you say comapassion. Thanks for the positive comment.

By the way, if you want to make a negative comment, like "Kill the bitch" or something of that sort, i'll put it through too, as long as it's backed up with some sort of semi-intelligent rationale. But random Hitler crap--no thanks.

Can you tell I'm a Dem?