Wednesday, April 19, 2006

I got a Swiffer Carpet Flick!!! Review

I purchased the Carpet Flick after seeing ads for it and reading many reviews about it. I decided that the price was right and it fit my purpose, which is to clean up small messes on the short pile carpet of my small in-home day care without having to drag out a huge vacuum cleaner.

Details about the Carpet Flick:

I purchased my Carpet Flick on sale at Target for around $12.00. It included the Carpet Flick and 4 cartridges. It came in a smallish box, and was easy to fit in my cart and get home. When I got it home, I took it out of the box and snapped it together. It was very simple to assemble. I didn't have to read the instructions to put it together. It took about five minutes to open, assemble it completely, and get the cartridge in place.

The Carpet Flick has an orange, plastic base with a silver metal handle. It has flat sticky cartridges that are used to pick up debris. On the underside, there is a small strip that "flicks" the debris up into the CarpetFlick sticky cartridge. And the entire unit comes apart for compact storage. It also has a hook on the end and easily hangs up flat against the wall for out-of-the-way storage.

It is designed for short pile and Berber type carpeting. It will not work on hard floors like wood or tile.

To use it, you simply push and pull it across the carpet.

My Opinion on The CarpetFlick

This product is very light weight and easy to maneuver. My 3 1/2 year-old can easily use this product (and begs to do so often.) It doesn't seem to have any parts that would easily break. It is made better than what I would expect for a product that costs $12.00. And, best of all, it is quiet to use.

I use it on my short pile, off-white carpet to clean up snack crumbs and little messes at the end of the day. It pulls up all of the crumbs, stray hairs, and other little messes from the floor. You do have to go over an area a few times for it to look "perfect", but it literally takes seconds, and is much easier than dragging out the vacuum cleaner. It keeps my carpet clean enough so that I only have to vacuum one time a week.

This product does not fluff up the pile and get deep down clean like a vacume cleaner would. It isn't supposed to. It simply picks up crumbs and small bits from the carpet to freshen it up between vacuum uses. It does exactly what the company claims the product does:

"With the new Swiffer CarpetFlick, little carpet crumbs aren’t such a big deal anymore. It cleans up everything from glitter and beads, to cookie crumbs and grass clippings, making it the perfect accessory for your busy family. Its innovative design flicks dirt, crumbs and other small bits off your carpet and traps them onto a disposable adhesive cartridge. And the Swiffer CarpetFlick has a convenient transparent window, so when you see that the cartridge is full, simply throw it away and insert a new one."

As with most Swiffer products, you generally have to change out the cartridge with each use. The cartridges cost about $4.00 for 12. One cartridge does a single, large sized living area in my house. When you take the cartridge out, it is a good idea to do so over the trash can, as you could accidentally knock some of the debris that is stuck to the cartridge back off onto the floor.

No comments: