Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Girl Talk- Instead Soft Cups (Alternative Menstrual Products)


Alternative Menstrual Product Review-Instead Soft Cups

Yes, That’s right, I’m talking about feminine menstrual protection. So guys, get out while you can.

Many women have no clue that there are several alternatives to mainstream menstrual products (tampons and pads.) I was sort of grossed out (as most people are) when I first learned about alternative products. But, after learning about what they could do for the environment and/or my body I was convinced to at least try a few.

Instead Soft Cups- The first product I tried is called “Instead.” This isn’t a more environmentally friendly product, just an alternative to tampons. These are disposable, small, soft plastic cups that fit over the cervix, much like a diaphragm. They catch the fluid. You remove them, wrap them in TP and dispose of them in the garbage. The Instead Soft Cups catch phrase is “The freedom of your period without the hassle of strings or wings!”

http://www.softcup.com/

Here are the advantages of the soft cup:


It holds at least twice as much menstrual fluid as a tampon. You can wear them for up to 12 hours.

Absolutely no reported incidence of Toxic Shock Syndrome in over 10 years!

Made entirely of hypoallergenic, non-toxic, non-irritating, non-absorbent materials that have been used for more than 20 years in the health care profession. Cleared by the FDA, it has undergone extensive laboratory and human clinical testing. And, the INSTEAD® Softcup® has NO LATEX

Wearing INSTEAD® Softcup® during your period, you and your partner can enjoy "clean sex"and he won't even feel it's there! (Note: the INSTEAD® Softcup® is NOT a contraceptive!)

I purchased mine at Target. And while it is a neat concept, they didn’t work for me. I can’t wear tampons, so I have no clue why I thought I could wear something like this. I could feel it and it bugged me. I tried MANY times to wear these and could not get used to them. .I have a retroverted uterus- http://www.goaskalice.columbia.edu/2313.html - so that may have something to do with it. Many people sing the praises of the cup and have great luck with them. You can even read reviews on epinions-

Instead Soft Cup Reviews

Links to My other Articles on Alternative Feminine Products
Sea Sponge Tampons

The Diva Cup and Keeper Menstrual Cups

No comments: